This website is provided by US Legalization to facilitate and expedite the legalization process of corporate documents issued in the U.S. for use in the country of Iran.
Documents issued and signed by U.S. companies must contain contact information for both parties (U.S. and Iranian) for example: power of attorney, agency agreement,...).
This rule does not apply for officially issued documents such as: FDA documents, Quality Assurance Certificates, Articles of Incorporation...etc.
The consulate of Iran may call the perspective parties to discuss the documents in question. If the parties are not reachable, the document may be put on hold.
U.S. documents intended for use in Iran must be certified from the local Secretary of State in the same state where the notary was issued.
Click here to locate the office of the Secretary of State in all 50 States.
After the documents have been certified from their respective secretary of state, they should be mailed to the U.S. Department of State along with a self addressed stamped envelope with a check for $8.00 per document. The U.S. Department of State requires a request form to be completed and included with the package (you may download it by clicking this link). In general, the U.S. Department of State turn around time for documents is 3-4 weeks.
US Department of State mailing address is:
U.S. Department of State
Office of Authentications
44132 Mercure CIR, PO BOX 1206
Sterling, VA 20166 1206
The Interests Section of Iran requires a face value for certain business documents. It is a declaration of the the dollar amount that the business is expected to yield from the transaction/deal. The "face value" should be issued on company letterhead and signed by the U.S. company representative.
Only the Following Types of Documents Require a Face Value
- Authorization of Agent
- Appointment / Distribution Agreement
- Free Sale Certificate
- Price List
- Certificate of Invoice
- Certificate of Origin
- Once you receive your documents, you may then send them (along with a copy) to the Interests Section of Iran for legalization.
- The Interests Section of Iran only accepts money orders.
- The fee is $66.00 for all types of documents except documents requiring a face value (as explained above).
- The fee for documents requiring a face value is listed below:
|Fee Schedule for Declared Face Value|
Companies requiring a faster turnaround time may use US Legalization to expedite their documents.
- After the documents have been certified from their respective Secretary of State, simply send them to US Legalization.
- US Legalization will fill the required authentication form and hand carry your documents to the U.S. Department of State which will process them in 4 business days. The courier will pick up your documents from the U.S. Department of State, make copies, and drop them at the Interests Section of Iran on the same day.
- If the consulate of Iran has any questions about your documents, US legalization will contact you and inform the Consulate of your feedback.
- US Legalization visits the Consulate of Iran daily to drop and receive documents. Once your documents are ready they will be picked up and returned to you. In our experience, the turnaround time for the Interests Section of Iran is approximately 8-10 business days.
- The US Legalization fee is $80.00 for the first document and $40.00 for each additional document. For convenience, US Legalization will accept one payment in the form of a company check, credit card payment, or money order. for the total fees of U.S. Department of State, Interests Section of Iran, and US Legalization expediting services.
- To use US Legalization services please visit www.uslegalization.com or call (410) 349-4900
- US Legalization does not assist with the legalization of personal documents from the Interests Section of Iran.